Wednesday, February 25, 2009

March Madness - on it's way to a basketball court near you.



It won't be long.

The Girl's District Tournament launch March 2, 4 & 6, while the Boy's District Tournament kicks off the week after, March 9, 11, 13.

Digging around the "archives" known as my haphazard filing system, I stumbled upon a Xerox copy (honest - it was made on a Xerox copy machine!) from the earliest days of my high school sports research. Surprising I had the foresight to make the copy, as my sole focus at the time was Muskegon Big Red Football. I had yet to meet Dick Kishpaugh, the gentleman who would ultimately guide me to this hobby.

Anyway - this one, I believe, came from the collection of Gontram Miller. Gont was an old Muskegon football captain, and kept a wonderful scrapbook prepared for him by his mother. Look at the officials working this event - the "Sixth Annual State Championship".

This is now part of a collection of old MHSAA tournament finals programs. The Collection for boys basketball is pretty much complete from 1947 and beyond, but we're on the lookout for anything from 1917 - 1946.

Can you help? Please contact me at peschstats@comcast.net. While we'd love to have an original for the collection, a "Xerox" or scan of the program would be WONDERFUL!

No comments: